Thursday 10 May 2007

Am I turning the corner?

Although today was a tough day, it was also a winning day. I ended the day 3 buyin's up and although I am still around 2 buyin's down for this week - I do feel like I am starting to turn the corner. Today was a tough session and in two tournaments I played badly, plain and simple. I made 2 bad calls for all my chips in each case and exited both times before the money. Incidently today I have bubbled twice finishing in 4th. I haven't finished 4th once since starting this blog and I forgot how much I hated finishing just outside the money! Theres nothing worse!

I've also closed the deal twice today by finishing first although admittedly I went into both heads up encounters as a massive chipleader. Instead of trying to bust them out I waiting until I could trap and then finish the job and this worked in both cases, so for at least a little while I'm gonna try the softly softly approach heads up so long as the blinds are low enough to permit this!

Good luck at the tables!

No comments: