Thursday 17 May 2007

Nah, it didn't change

My luck was about as far away from changing as it could possibly be.

It just got sicker, thats why I haven't been posting. I decided to take a week long break from the tables and come back stronger. I'll play a few games tonight and hopefully it will be business as usualy. I am gonna move my money around a little bit and play on different sites though. If I do that, I surely cant hit another brick wall like what I hit this past fortnight.

Anyway, it was one horrific beat which led to me taking time out. This is how the hand went...

After a dissasterous two weeks at the tournament tables, I sit down with the maximum buyin for a cash session.

FIRST HAND IN I GET DEALT 99 in the big blind.

Guy in early position raises to 4 times the Big Blind.

7 CALLERS - YES CHILDREN, 7 CALLERS.

Already I can feel a badbeat but nothing would prepare me for what was about to happen.

Flop comes:

3 9 10 RAINBOW.

Great, I've hit a set and the only hand I am worried about here is 10 10. When there are 8 people in a hand this is a very definately possibility. But theres no way I am folding this in a cash game.

I check and wait for the continuation bet. The initial raiser obliges and pops in a nice sized pot sized bet. Everyone folds except for one guy who reraises minimum [which is quite a big raise due to the pot size]

I now naturally push and shove it all in. They both call.

I should be looking to treble up now right?

WRONG.

Turn 3

River K

What do they have?

Well one guy had AK [the initial raiser] and made the most dumbass all in call of all time. He had absolutely nothing but rivered a pair of Kings. No good against my set.

What did the other guy have?

3 FUCKING 3, he turned 4 of a kind on my ass.

The very nature of this beat was enough to put me on tilt for about a year. I thought I'd beaten tilt, until I played this hand. I was livid. Tilt was live and well in my blood.

I turned the computer off and haven't been back to the tables since, hence the lack of updates!

2 outers, 3 outers, 4 outers. They are bad but I can take them. But 1 outers, when I have you dominated and its for my entire stack when I should be TREBLING UP? Are you fucking kidding me?

Last time I took a beat like that was on Ladjokes about a year ago and I haven't played there since. I can see the pattern recurring as I swiftly withdrew the rest of my money and am now looking to switch it to some other sites.

I'll let you know how my first session of the new beginning goes soon!

No comments: