Monday 11 June 2007

All is well

After switching to cash games I'm really enjoying the deepstack poker and not having to push with marginal hands. I have just got up to go on a training course with work so probably wont be playing much today as I am pretty busy, but yesterday was a good session.

I played about 2 hours of cash and ended up around 240 big blinds in profit which was a good session. I played two big hands were people were over aggressive in hands allowing me to trap them and the other 40 big blinds came from came from aggressive plays picking on weakness.

As a result of the good cash session, I decided to play the second biggest tournament of the week on Pacific - the $25k guaranteed money monday. Usually I have football training on monday nights with my football team but this week there was no training so I decided to buy in directly for the $35. The tournament structure meant it was made for me. Deepstack 2000 starting chips and 15 minute blinds, meant I could play alot of poker for a long time and look to accumalate chips.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, I ended up finishing in 56th out of 628 and inside the money for just over double my buyin. I hit KK, AK and KQ in three consecutive hands with the blinds starting to hurt and lost with all of them and then went card dead for the next three levels which totally obliterated my healthyish stack. Nevermind. Theres always next time and its been a pretty profitable day.

Probably wont be posting until Wednesday now guys so goodluck at the tables!

1 comment:

Allsopp said...

Thanks alot for your comments, glad you enjoyed the blog. I managed to translate your message from Portuguese into English. I hope you found reading my English ok to understand. Thanks again.