Wednesday 13 June 2007

Hat trick

Not a very good day at cash today. In fact, it was horrendous. I managed to donk off three buyin's in about 2 hours or 300 big blinds. The session was difficult to say the least. 5 times I open raised in middle position with KQ, 4 times I got called and hit top pair - be it either the K or the Q. All 5 times I ran into either AK or AQ and over the 5 hands that was pretty much 1 stack gone...

Then the table maniac decides to make a play on me. The tell I have on him, is that - if he hits, he plays really tricky with lots of teaser bets and if he has missed - he is super UBER aggressive. So I'm in a hand with him and know he has missed as he is being super aggressive. Everytime he bets, I reraise with a middle pair because I know he will push on the river whatever comes. He pushes on river and my read was 100% correct. He raised and reraised with nothing the whole hand but hit a backdoor flush....

I had to call on the river it was even money into a big pot but its so frustrating when you get it right, outplay someone - only for them to get lucky because they cant lay down K high to two big reraises! What can you do?

The other hand I lost was easily cooler of the day. A guy has picked up AA, KK, QQ a few times and everytime he has picked them up - he has minimum raised. So when he does it again and I'm in late position I call with 3 4 diamonds. Flop comes...

4 3 6 two diamonds.

Picked up a monster hand here against an over pair. As planned he bets out aggressive, with my two pair and flush draw - I reraise him, hoping he will push.

He just calls. Now at this point I put him on aces of kings after how I'd seen him play them numerous times in other hands. So I am well aware that any 5 is a scare card giving him the straight with AA.

Turn is a 7 and he checks it, I bet pot and he calls.

River is a Jack. No diamonds, I've missed the flush but still got a nice little two pair.

So I put a nice bet out there. What does he have when he calls?

5 fucking 5, he hit his straight on turn.

Happy days.

I think i've just started my bad run. We'll see!

Good luck at the tables!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Notebook, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://notebooks-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Anonymous said...

hi i like your post but i thing has me annoyed. you said u have 34 diamonds right? and the flop comes 346 how can there be two diamonds? when ur holding 3 and 4 of diamonds. and also ive been playing micro fixed limit started with the tiniest of bankrolls 13 dollars. now im up to 40. but from now on ive been on a roller coaster. up to 60 down to 35 up to 48 down to 35 back up to 75 down to 50 and now at 38. is this usual????? i play on pokerstars. and there have been sick badbeats. like i had aces 12 times the other and all but 1 were cracked. all of them by runner runner and most of my big pairs have failed to under cards. i know im not gna play no limit on pokerstars coz i think its unreal so thats why i play limit so i sit back and be patient and only play the big hands and any pocket pair. and some suited connecters on the button and in the blinds.