Thursday 7 June 2007

Business as usual

Nothing really major to shout home about today. The bad run was very short and things have returned back to normal. I played 5 tournaments today and did pretty good. Out of the 5 I placed 3 times cashing in 2nd, 2nd and 1st. The two 2nd place finishes were pretty frustrating as I went into the final 2 with a heavy chip deficit against the chipleader and had to push with trash or get bullied. I chose to push with trash both times and came out with the worst of it as I generally dont ever win 60 / 40's or 70 / 30's regardless of whether or not I am favourite LoL!

I am a bit frustrated by myself though as I entered a tournament above my bankroll whilst I was waiting for another SnG to start at my preferred level [sometimes it can take a while on Pacific] and naturally I was card dead, didn't pickup any hands and the hands I did pickup I didn't hit with. So in short I got shafted.

If it wasn't for this tournament buyin, the day would of been a pretty nice result, its still a good winning day but it could of been 2 buyin's better, had I not been impatient and taken a shot at the bigger buyin tourny. Although last week I did the same thing and ended up winning the bigger buy in tourny. So I guess I was due a slap in the face!

What is encouraging though, is that the play in higher buyin tournies doesn't get any better. Its just sort of the same on Pacific whether your playing $10 SnG's or $100 SnG's. Thats kinda why I like playing tournaments on Pacific.

Good luck at the tables.

No comments: