Thursday 3 May 2007

In the money!

One way tournament players measure their success is through calculating the % of times they finish "in the money" in a tournament. On Pacific Poker, where I predominantly played tournaments I had an "in the money" percentage of around 42% which was a nice ratio to turn out a steady profit. However I decided to give 9 seater tournaments a try and as a result moved to Poker Stars as I found I was finishing 4th and 5th far too often in 10 seater tournaments.

As a result, this week - my first full week of playing Poker Stars tournaments I have notched up an average 70% in the money ratio! Its been my most profitable week on record and I have already exceeded my weekly target and its only Thursday! We still got 3 days left!

Unless something really bad and twisted happens - this should be a nice week to kick off the climb up the tournament ladder on Poker Stars. I might even give the Sunday millions a go if I am home from work in time! $250000 would go down nicely right about now!

Also, the sponsorship company [http://www.badbeat.com] contacted me today and offered me a chance to become a sponsored candidate for tournaments - but unfortunately I still have to play on one of their designated sites. So for now I will have to put that on ice, although ultimately - working with Badbeat is what I am aiming for by the end of the year at the very latest. They are a great company full of great people and stand for everything I stand for in poker....

No comments: