Monday 4 June 2007

Climbing the ladder

The best part about me moving up levels is that the profit counts for a hell of alot more. I mean, in the past - at my own levels. I'd have a really good day but the profit wouldn't mean much. Now, even a small profitable win is a big day for me, since the payout money is exactly double what I'd get before - when the standard of play isn't any better, if anything - its worse!

Only played 4 tournaments today, all SnG's. I busted out in 2 of them before the money and then managed to finish 1st and 3rd with no notable hands to mention. I could of easily held on for atleast second in the tournament I busted out in 3rd - but I had a strong marginal hand on a safeish board and called a dodgy all in by a dodgy player only to be showed the nuts. Thats they way it goes!

The day turned out to be a nice sized profit, so I think thats it for me today. Todays profit also means I have the bankroll to move up levels again although I dont think I will just yet because I am really anjoying playing the games at my current level.

This week has been kinda crazy for me, I mean - I spend around 4 months trying to move up 1 level and in the space of a week I manage to move up 2 levels. Still, it was long overdue and now I am only 2 levels away from playing in the biggest SnG's around! Well maybe not the crazy 9 seater $5000 buy in SnG's that Poker Stars have. But on the regular every day ladder I am definately well on my way!

Good luck at the tables!

No comments: