Saturday 2 June 2007

Starter Motor is knackered!

Played 4 tournaments today but never really got going in any of them.

First tourny of the day, $5000 guaranteed on Pacific poker.

Never really got going. Some guy took a badbeat early on and was down to around 270 chips, I'm in the big blind with 99 the very next hand and he has pushed from early position. Everyone folds to me and I have to call. I haven't played a hand yet and am still holding my starting stack of around 1200. Anyway, he ends up hitting a straight and its all down hill from there.

Second tourny of the day was a SnG at my new level!

Well, since I moved up levels I was expecting a higher level of competition. How wrong could I be? The quality was shocking. Anyway, there was a guy on the table playing like a complete idiot but hitting everything. Within the first two levels he had knocked out 4 people and we were already down to 6. I pickup 10 10 in the big blind and I get two limpers including the small blind, so I just check it hoping to find a nice flop.

Flop comes, 9 5 2 rainbow. The table maniac raises, so I reraise [expecting him to put me all in since this is how he has played every hand] he oliges and pops it all in. He has A9. I bet you can guess the outcome?

Turn Ace

River BLANK and i'm out in 5th, what can you do?

Third tourny of the day I decided to play another SnG.

Again the standard at my new level was appauling and I manage to grind my way up to taking 2nd before I get shafted headsup.

Fourth tourny of the day I decide to play a good value $1000 guaranteed MTT tourny.

Well I made the final table and finished in 8th but to cut a long story short. Two hands which were almost identical ruined me. It was another tough tourny where I had to grind my way up only to be inevitably shot down. I am sat there with 6000 chips, a guy in middle position raises 3 times the BB. I find QQ in the big blind, I reraise all in with blinds at 100/200. Naturally he has AA and I am down to 3000 chips.

Then, I spend the next hour grinding my way backup to 8000 chips on the final table only to find 10 10 in middle position with the blinds crippling at 250/500. I figure, I cant raise here because it would leave me with nothing and I'd have no idea where I was if someone push back at me - so I popped it all in and ran into AA in the big blind AGAIN.

Standard.

Still, it was a winning day nonetheless - even if not a very big winning day and I'm not a million miles away from moving up levels again so we'll see how it goes! Good luck at the tables!




No comments: